The new Evolution firmware is the base for all future developments. In this release we do therefore not bring a bunch of new lighting control or IoT functionalities on the market but we are preparing it for the future.
Here are the concrete improvements that the Evolution firmware provides today:
1. The maximum amount of Casambi devices in a network is now 250 (previously 127).
2. New features are visible through remote connection making the commissioning and technical support phase easier than ever before. The unit’s conditions (e.g. Over heated, Conguration failure, Missing driver etc) as well as the unit’s priority level in the control hierarchy are now transported over the mesh network.
3. Supports for some new products:
• Various DALI and DALI2 push button devices
• Casambi Ready battery powered presence & lux sensor
• EnOcean's wireless sensor.
4. Support for XY and XY,TW color control for DALI8-based fixtures.
5. Support for up to 8 custom elements per fixture.
6. The Evolution firmware supports up-to 8 PWM channels for the Casambi product CBM-002.
7. The sharing settings in Evolution have been updated. The users in Evolution are:
A 'User' can use the network but not make any changes. A 'Manager' can make changes to all lighting control functionalities but cannot get access to passwords or decide who can access the network. The 'Administrator' can also give access rights to users.
8. A 'Performance & Security' tab has been added. It can be found in More > Network Setup > Performance & Security. A user with administrator user rights can under this tab choose if unpair in general, flick unpair and/or Utility unpair should be allowed. In this tab it can also be chosen if firmware updates are allowed and if devices are always visible.
If all unpair options are unallowed, Utility unpair will work as fallback for 1 minute after starting a unit.
9. Emergency mode for Smart switching: http://support.casambi.com/support/solutions/articles/12000060236-emergency-mode-for-smart-switching