When first taking devices into use they need to first be added to a network. One device can only be part of one network at a time. When a device is part of a network it is in a ‘paired’ state and cannot be added to any other network unless it is first ‘unpaired’. i.e., removed from the network. All Casambi devices are normally supplied in an unpaired state. If a brand-new device is already paired, please contact your supplier or look for advice in the FAQ section of our website knowledge base (https://support.casambi.com/support/home).
- Download the app from Apple App Store or Google Play Store and allow notifications if prompted.
- Switch on your Casambi enabled devices and open the Casambi app.
- The app will search for all powered Casambi enabled devices within Bluetooth range of your mobile device. These will then be displayed in a list with the options to Take into use or Add individually to..
- Take into use will prompt you to create a new network (or add to an existing one). The network should be a Classic or Evolution type. Only Casambi devices with the same firmware type as the network can be added (See Create a network section of this user guide for more information). Once the network is created all devices will automatically be added (paired) to it.
- Add individually to... will prompt you to create a new network (or add to an existing one). The network should be a Classic or Evolution type. Only Casambi devices with the same firmware type as the network can be added (See Create a network section of this user guide for more information). Once a network is created, each luminaire will identify (flash) one by one and can be added to the network (see Add devices section of this guide for more information). During this process you can also decide to rename and group luminaires if desired.
- It is recommended that a new network is shared using the Administrator only setting. See Create new network section for further details on network creation.
- When devices have been added to a network you can control and program them from the app.
The app has four tabs: Luminaires, Gallery, Scenes and More. All of these will be covered in this user guide.
All luminaires in the same network can be easily controlled from the Luminaires tab. Other devices appear in the relevant section of the More tab.
The app displays help text under most configurable options to provide clarification of the purpose of each setting.
There is also an additional Help option in the More tab. A general help button (?) can be found in the bottom right of many screens. This can be disabled in the App settings.