With the Smart switch feature, ordinary mains wall switches can be used as dimmers or configured to control luminaires or scenes. This feature is only available for Casambi devices that receive a direct mains input. Products that use an additional power supply (e.g. CBU-PWM-4) do not have Smart switch capability.
The Smart switch mode can be configured in Casambi app. It is possible to assign a different Smart switch mode to each Casambi enabled luminaire. For example, you can use Smart switch to switch on a scene when you come home or switch the lighting to be suitable for dinner party or watching a movie.
Go to the Luminaires tab and double tap the luminaire icon that you want to assign a Smart switch mode to.
Under the Smart switch section, select the current mode to open the Smart switch selection. The default mode is Dim and save.
The possible Smart switch modes are:
- Not in use
- Dim and save Controls one luminaire
- Cycle through modes Controls one luminaire
- Control scenes Controls one or multiple luminaires
- Cycle scenes Controls one or multiple luminaires
- Active / Standby Controls one or multiple luminaires
- Emergency activates a scene which cannot be manually over-ridden until the controlling device is powered off (for Evolution networks only)
- Presence Replicates a presence sensor
- Presence/Absence Replicates a presence/absence sensor
- Absence Replicates an absence sensor
- Resume automation (group) Resumes automation for a single group
- Resume automation Resumes automation for the whole network