EnOcean battery-less, energy harvesting, Bluetooth Low Energy switch modules can be paired to a Casambi network.
The supported types are PTM-215B and PTM-216B
Add an EnOcean switch to a Casambi network using an Android device with NFC, or iOS device with 2-way NFC & running iOS 13 or newer.
- EnOcean switches of version 4* or above can be used with BALANCED radio mode Casambi networks.
- EnOcean switches of version 7* and above can be used on either BALANCED or BETTER PERFORMANCE radio mode networks.
- EnOcean PTM-216B switches can be used on BALANCED, BETTER PERFORMANCE or LONG RANGE radio mode networks. This is only supported from Casambi app version 3.10.0.
- To use the same EnOcean switch in multiple networks, all networks must be using the same Radio Mode settings and Frequencies.
* The switch serial number indicates the version. Example for as version 7 switch: Model:PTM 215B, Serial number: S3221-A215-7 DD.
To connect an EnOcean switch to your network, follow the below steps:
- In the Casambi app, go to More -> Switches.
- Tap on "Add an EnOcean switch".
- Ensure NFC is ON on your mobile device.
- Touch the switch to the NFC reception area of your mobile device.
- When the NFC reader detects the switch your device may buzz and the Switches page is opened showing the switch.
- When you tap on the switch a configuration page for it is opened. Here you can configure the functionality of your switch, change the name and the faceplate to match the type you are using. Please make sure you have the correct faceplate set before you start configuring.
- By clicking on the faceplate picture (as a default the Casambi app will show the 4 button faceplate) you will see a list of faceplate options. Choose the one to match your EnOcean switch.
- Select the function for the buttons of your switch by tapping on the PRESET fields.
Removing an EnOcean switch from a network
To remove an EnOcean switch from a Casambi network, simply delete the EnOcean switch from the Switches list.