The EnOcean battery-less, energy harvesting, Bluetooth Low Energy switch modules can be paired to a Casambi network. The supported type is PTM-215B.
An EnOcean switch can be added to a Casambi network using an Android device with NFC, or with iOS devices with 2-way NFC & running iOS 13 or newer.
EnOcean switches can control individual luminaires, groups of luminaires, all luminaires in a network, elements, scenes and animations.
Please note that EnOcean switches of version 4 or above can be used with BALANCED radio mode Casambi networks. EnOcean switches of version 7 and above can be used with both BALANCED and BETTER PERFORMANCE radio mode Casambi networks. And if you intend to use the same EnOcean switch for multiple networks, then both networks must have been created using the Radio settings Mode and Frequencies. These requirements are the same for both Classic and Evolution networks.
The switch version can be seen from the serial number on the back of the device. An example of a version 7 switch would be:
1. In the Casambi app, go to More -> Switches.
2. Tap on "Add an EnOcean switch".
3. Touch the switch to the NFC reception area of your mobile device.
4. When the NFC reader detects the switch your device may buzz and the Switches page is opened showing the switch.
5. When you tap on the switch a configuration page for it is opened. Here you can configure the functionality of your switch, change the name and the faceplate to match the type you are using. Please make sure you have the correct faceplate set before you start configuring.
6. By clicking on the faceplate picture (as a default the Casambi app will show the 4 button faceplate) you will be directed to a list of all possible faceplate options. Choose the one to match your EnOcean switch.
7. Select the function for the buttons of your switch by tapping on the PRESET fields.
Removing an EnOcean switch from a network
To remove an EnOcean switch from a Casambi network, simply delete the EnOcean switch from the Switches list.