Here you can find definitions of some of the main terms used in the Casambi app. It is for guidance only and is by no means comprehensive.
- The state of being away, or not present
- A sequence of scenes activated automatically in a predetermined order
- Control by anything that does not involve human interaction (i.e. By timers or sensors)
- The change of luminaire colour temperature (cool/warm white) over time to promote human wellbeing.
- The daylight control method to achieve constant light levels in an area.
- Automatic control of the artificial lighting based on levels of natural light measured by one or more sensors.
- An estimate of the amount of available natural light in an area directly under a luminaire. Daylight gain can be used to ensure luminaires by a window in a room are kept at a dimmer level than luminaires further in the room so as to achieve the effect of having the same level of illumination throughout the room.
- A daylight sensor mode similar to Open loop, but for use if the sensor provides DALI dimming commands instead of lux levels.
Fade time/fade out
- The speed at which lights will dim, or an underlying command will take control.
- The method of unpairing a device from a network by rapid power disconnection/reconnection.
- A collection of luminaires in the same physical area (e.g. all luminaires in a row or in one room).
- Software functionality that defines which type of commands take priority over others if multiple types of command are being actioned simultaneously.
- The time from when a presence sensor stops detecting movement before it deactivates the Presence scene.
- Control by physical interaction (e.g. Pushing a button or switch, or by selecting a control or scene icon within the app).
Manual control time out
- The period of time that manual control remains active (i.e. If a scene is selected from a push button, automation commands will not affect luminaires in that scene until the timeout expires).
- Daylight control where the measuring sensor is not receiving any light from luminaires it is controlling (i.e. the sensor could be outdoors and luminaires indoors).
- The method to raise the importance (priority) of a day or date timer in the control hierarchy so that it becomes more important than a presence command.
- The state of being in an area.
- Disable manual control commands that may be active at a higher level in the control hierarchy to allow the automatic control to take over (e.g. from sensors or timers).
- A lighting scenario usually comprised of multiple luminaires set to a desired configuration (e.g. brightness levels and colours).
- Options to provide simple lighting control depending on how a luminaires power switch is turned off and on.
- The period of time a command remains active for.
- Switching a luminaire on/off via a Casambi enabled device (i.e. Device power remains on).