One feature of many Casambi devices is that the same physical hardware can be configured over-the-air to provide different functionality depending on what it has been connected to. For example, a CBU-PWM4 can control up to 4 separate channels of LED strip ("1ch dim", "2ch dim", "RGB", "TW" etc.).
Generally, devices sourced directly from Casambi or our Ecosystem product partners should have the correct profiles preconfigured. If needed, standard profiles can be changed using the Casambi app.
To change a device's profile:
1. Unpair the device from your network.
• For Luminaires:
a. In the Luminaires tab, select Edit and then push the X in the top left corner of the luminaire icon you wish to unpair
b. Alternatively, in the Luminaires tab, double tap the icon of the luminaire you wish to unpair to open its properties. Scroll to the bottom and select Unpair device
c. Or, identify and select the correct luminaire from the Nearby devices list and select Unpair device.
• For Switches and Sensors go to the relevant section in the More tab. Select the device. Scroll to the bottom and select Unpair device. Or, identify and select the correct device from the Nearby devices list and select Unpair device.
2. In the More > Nearby Devices list select the unpaired device whose profile you wish to change.
3. Choose the Change profile option (if available) and select the correct profile from the displayed list.
4. Once the profile has been changed, add the device back to your network.
Note: If there is no option to Change profile when tapping on the unpaired unit, it means that the manufacturer of the Casambi ready device has determined that the profile cannot be changed, or no alternative profile is available. If you believe a profile change should be possible, or if the desired profile is not listed, please contact the Casambi Partner/Value Added Reseller who supplied the Casambi unit.
Example of some profiles available for the CBU-PWM4: