NOTE: Only units which display as Classic within the 'Nearby devices' list can be updated to Evolution and used within an Evolution network. For specific Casambi products which can be updated to 'Evolution' firmware grade here: http://support.casambi.com/support/solutions/articles/12000058791-which-casambi-products-can-be-updated-to-evolution-firmware-
A Casambi unit's firmware grade can be changed from 'Classic' to 'Evolution' if you see the text Classic in 'Nearby Devices' next to the firmware version number.
Please note that the unit(s) needs to be unpaired in order to change the firmware grade.
A firmware grade update can be done from the "Nearby devices" tab in the Casambi App by following the steps below:
1. Tap on the unit you wish to update.
2. Select 'Change to Evolution firmware'.
3. Tap on 'Start update' to start uploading the selected firmware grade.
4. This will then open a new page with the text "Transferring Evolution" and a progress bar below it. Please do not use/touch the screen of the mobile device during the update process. The process can take around 1 minute.
5. After the updating has successfully completed the screen will display "Verifying" and then an "Update succeeded" notification.
6. The device can now be added to an Evolution network.